As the nights draw in, the temperature drops and Christmas draws closer the best gift we can give is kindness, particularly in these challenging times.
Kindness trumps greed: it asks for sharing.
Here are a few suggestions of kind acts you can perform but the possibilities are infinite. We would love to hear your ideas too, please contact us here.
1. Put a note or festive card under your neighbour’s door.
2. Be aware of the vulnerable folk in your neighbourhood.
3. Make an effort to smile and talk to your neighbours
4. Join or set up a local community group with a view to getting to know your neighbours and increasing the sense of care and community in the area.
5. Spend 10% less on each persons gift and donate that 10% to a charity you know they support.
6. Have a good clear out of your wardrobe and take all your unwanted warm winter clothes to your local shelter – remember to only donate clothes that you would be happy to receive yourself.
7. Buy a ‘Christmas sandwich’ and Hot Chocolate and give it to a homeless person.
8. Ask for a good ‘bag for life’ for Christmas so that you can give up plastic bags in the new year.
9. Put out organic bird seed in your garden.
10. Be patient in the Christmas sales and tell shop assistants that they are doing a wonderful job.
11. Leave a mince pie on all your colleagues desks before they arrive at work in the morning and leave it as a Christmas mystery
12. Ask for a bicycle for Christmas and make an effort to cycle and walk more in the new year.
11. Try and reduce your meat consumption over Christmas and buy organic when you can.
12. Send a nice letter or Christmas card to someone you haven’t been in touch with for a long time.
13. Recycle your Christmas tree.